Friday, September 18, 2009

Reality star Payne dances her way to 'Fame'

Bubbly and unpretentious, Kherington Payne comes across as exactly the same fresh-faced girl who charmed fans of the reality show "So You Think You Can Dance" with her exhilarating Viennese waltz, spitfire krumping and, of course, the impassioned Mia Michaels number with Stephen "Twitch" Boss known as the "bed routine."

Growing up in Southern California, Payne took to competition, in the dance studio and on the sports field. A dancer since age 2, Payne got most of her early training at the Dance Precisions studio in Yorba Linda (Orange County), but she was also an avid soccer player in school.

"It's so weird to say that I loved both so much, because how you do both? But dance and soccer were just equally important to me," she says. "I would go to soccer practice and then run to dance in my soccer clothes and, sometimes, even dance in my soccer clothes. I loved both so much that I was willing to run from soccer games to dance competitions all weekend. I was just a girl without a social life."


Read more at the SF Chronicle site.

No comments: